Sunday 24 June 2012

Stand Naked in the rain.

I once remember sitting with my dad in the lounge one rainy summers day when i was in my late teens. Me watching telly, he reading the paper.
 Suddenly, and without explanation, my mother walked past us and into the garden, completely naked, where she proceeded to walk out into the rain, lift her chin to the skies and slowly spin.
I remember thinking at the time, "mum's lost it" and looked over to my dad for some reassurance. This slight  reassurance came when dad just peered over the top of his paper, looked at her, for a brief second, and then continued to read as if it were an every day occurrence.

Now i get her completely.

This may appear an easy thing to achieve; to stand naked in the rain, but believe me, there is more to it than meets the eye. It wasn't until i had a couple of failed attempts did i succeed.

Attempt one was never going to be easy. By the time i had thought about it, convinced myself no one would spot me, got my dressing gown, got undressed and unlocked the back door, the rain had annoyingly stopped.

Attempt two was sightly better, i moved quicker, with less obstruction in my head.
 I made it naked from the downstairs loo to the back door and stood starkers outside.
But the rain had subsided to no more that a light shower. No where on my list did it say "Stand naked and be dribbled on".
Another failure, and  by this time my children had begun to wonder why i kept appearing with no clothes on evertime it rained.

Although attempt three was some time after, conditions were perfect and it was in fact my daughter who spotted this 'ideal standing naked in the rain' weather. She ran to me shouting "mum, mum its raining...and the suns out!!!........do it now!!!!"
And without hessitation i did, i stripped, walked out the back door and into the garden. The sun was shining, the rain was refreshing, and i stood arms stretched to the sides and slowly span.
As i lifted my chin and felt the drops on my face i felt truely alive xxx

Ive done it twice since and this summer will be looking for that perfect mix of sunshine and showers to do it again.
Truly liberating and i highly recommend it to everyone!!!

1 comment:

  1. I like the image of your dad just peering over the paper at your Mum, it's funny.

    ReplyDelete