Thursday 21 June 2012

Diving! (no not that sort of diving)

DIVING

There gets to a point in a woman's life that swimming no longer becomes enjoyable.
I think it comes after two or three experiences of getting cold, wet children and babies showered dried and dressed, whilst you stand shivering, desperate for the loo. Then when it is finally your turn, you discover all the towels are now wet and you have dried naturally.
And swimming? Do I ever get to swim? No. I get splashed, swam under (scratching my legs as they attempt to swim between them), used as a pushing post, and it is obviously totally enjoyable being dunked. Do I swim a stroke? No!
This I get, I understand it. Its not fun.

But when did I ever stop diving? I don't mean scuba diving or anything fancy, I just mean standing on the edge of a pool and diving in.
I did it as a kid and teenager so why not now?

Really if you think about it 1 second of courage and you're there.
So in the privacy of a private pool in France I did it!!!
Will I be doing it again? Oh yes but to save the embarrassment of my kids, i may choose to wear more than an easily removable bikini!!!

2 comments:

  1. Great post :) Exactly how I feel when I go swimming nowadays. FYI, the local pool has a diving club for all ages and all talents. No pressure, just great fun diving. I am tempted to sign up myself.

    ReplyDelete