Tuesday 18 September 2012

Place a Bet.

I am not a gambler.

I am a planner. I write lists. I like to make informed judgements.
And after a spout emptying slot machines for a job as a teenager, I am certainly not a gambler. (those things take a fortune)

But as thousands of people do go to the races, or enter the confusing world of '2 to 1' '4 for 3', once was going to do no harm.
So was I able to throw caution to the wind at Ascot? Not really no.
I placed a 50p bet on all five runners .
Unsurprisingly i won!

So i didn't quite let go of that 'non risk taker' aspect of my life there, but does that matter?
To just jump, To gamble, To just dive into the hands of the gods sometimes seems an option, I know!!!
But at the end of the day, you are the decision maker of your own life.

For a woman who doesn't like to gamble, the right, well thought out decision, can be a very hard one to find.

No comments:

Post a Comment