Tuesday 18 September 2012

Karaoke

Why can I not be me?

I like me.
I am a nice, kind, person. I do not knowingly do or say anything that would hurt others and would put anyone before myself.

Why is it then I cant be me?
At home I will sing all day. I belt them out. And my all singing, all dancing Aretha Franklin 'Think' is one to behold.

And my shower songs are to rival the birds: Sam Brown 'Stop', 'Valarie' Alison Moyet, Adele, 'Make you feel my love' Love singing them all!!!

But can I utter one note out of these four walls??? Oh no, If I do it has to be in a comedy format- warbley old woman or in a musical style.

I've had two experience now of karaoke. One a drunken one (at my gay disco) when one guest, who was refusing to join in due to his inhibitions, ended up joining us as we were, "all so crap!! Not even I'm that bad!" he exclaimed.

The other was when my thoughtful husband had surprised me by hiring a soundproof booth for me and my friends to sing our hearts out. Which we did.
Did it matter that we did not hold the voices of angels?
Of course not.
No one noticed.
No one cared!!!


Each of us should celebrate who we are, not how society, friends and family want us to be!
I'm nice and I like being me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment