Tuesday 3 July 2012

Why have I never eaten sushi?



People and lives change so much over time.

I look back to me at 21. I had bought my own flat, was ambitious, feisty and independent.
I often think if people i knew then could see me now, what a disappointment i would be.
Actually, if I (back then) could see myself now, i would be truly disappointed in myself.

And i think a lot of my list stemmed from the fact there are things in my life that i want to do that my husband doesn't.

SUSHI, being one of them. Why had I never been to a sushi bar because he doesn't like sushi?

And i think that is an important part of a mid life thing. The realisation that we are our own person.

"Your idea of fun and mine are completely different"

I am a wife and mother, but I am also me, Emma. I no longer know what i give to the world, but jeeezzz, I need to find it.

No comments:

Post a Comment